How can education be financed?

Basically, each person (parents/partner) pays for his/her training out of his/her own pocket. Information. As to grants, scholarships and loans such matters are dealt with by the Cantons. Also, each Canton sets its own rules on who is given a grant and under what conditions. Competence is with the Canton where the applicant last resided when handing in his application.
Some Cantons do provide grants to holders of C-Permits only. 
In addition, financial help may also come from private endowments. Contributions from this side are often small and sometimes conditioned on whether the applicant is eligible for a scholarship.
For more Information look at