Recognition of foreign diplomas

It is suggested to check whether your qualifications from abroad can be validated in Switzerland. Although there does not exist any one office in Switzerland that were validating qualifications from abroad . The Federal Office for Professional Education and Technology (BBT) has put together information at on the topic of "Recognition of foreign diplomas.”

In the case of a diploma for a regulated profession (physician, nurse, etc.), official recognition is necessary in order to practice the profession. For non-regulated professions, the federal contact office recommends a confirmation of the person’s level. Even though you do not need official recognition of your foreign diploma in order to be able to work in Switzerland, confirmation of your level makes the job search easier. Because the confirmation is done through the BBT, schools and prospective employees as well as authorities can get information about the classification of your foreign diploma or identification card within the Swiss education system.